No part of the client experience can be overlooked when it comes to increasing Your Ecommerce Site for More Conversions rate. Every part of your eCommerce website, from the landing page to the checkout page, must be carefully designed.
However, it’s easier said than done to create a user journey that successfully balances a pleasant shopping experience with a clear path to conversion.
We’ve put up a set of best practices to help you create a more pleasant and intentional conversion path on your eCommerce website.
Consider the following ideas when designing your eCommerce website to better user experience for your visitors and clients.
1. Add clear CTAs
To convert website traffic into sales, you need a clear call-to-action (CTA).
CTAs on eCommerce websites are usually “Buy Now” or “Add to Basket” buttons that stand out on a page to attract users’ attention and encourage them to click. This is usually achieved by the use of contrasting colors and unique design features, among other methods. And like the examples mentioned above, the wording in the CTA should be kept short and sweet.
Also, make sure your CTA is in line with the purpose of the web page on which it’s located. For example, on a product page, the CTA may be “Buy Now,” but on a content page, it would be “Read More.”
2. Create a sense of urgency
On your eCommerce site, consider creating a sense of urgency. According to one CXL study, creating a feeling of urgency on an eCommerce site improved discussion rates by over 330 percent.
This may be done simply by changing the words of your CTAs — for example, switching from “Shop Here” to “Shop Now” may be enough to convince your visitor to convert.
3. Offer simple, one-click checkout for all customers
Customers may skip the “add to basket” stage and check out fast and effectively while staying on the product page if you use a one-click checkout process. In fact, one-click checkout may cut the checkout process by 90% if done properly.
Because the simplified and simple process removes the extra steps required in a typical checkout process, cart abandonment is less likely.
Even if you don’t use a one-click checkout, try to make your checkout process as simple as possible to increase conversions and reduce cart abandonment. To make the procedure efficient for your customers, you may do this by requiring the bare minimum of data input from them.
4. Add SSL
The SSL helps to portray a trustworthy and reputable website — it’s not just a visual message to clients, but it’s also vital for your site’s security.
Having an SSL is a great thing to have. SSL encrypts the payment information of visitors, making it difficult for hackers and scams to steal it. Simply said, people do not want to make a purchase from a website that is not safe.
Customers were given two forms to fill out in a test: one without the Verisign seal and one with it.
Visitors are more willing to disclose personal data and translate when they are certain that it is safe, as seen by a 42 % increase in conversions on the form with the Verisign seal.
5. Provide multiple payment options
Direct debit, bank transfers, digital wallets, e-invoices, digital currencies (like Bitcoin), and a slew of other options are available for online payment and use a credit card.
Although offering 100+ payment options on your website is impossible, it is critical that you understand your target market and are able to provide payment ways that are most suited for them.
For example, a website with an average spend of $50 may profit from focusing on credit and debit card payments, whilst a website like overclockers.co.uk may wish to emphasize a financing option due to the higher value of the items being sold.
Provide the top three payment options in your industry; this has resulted in a 30 percent increase in conversion rates for businesses.
Overclockers does a great job of this by listing all of their available purchasing options near the CTA and in the product description.
6. Incorporate product or company reviews
Potential customers like to hear from other buyers like them, thus reviews are one of the most efficient ways to turn any interest in your product into a sale.
To demonstrate your dependability, post customer reviews next to or below your items. Customer recommendations impact purchase decisions since people trust reviews from people they know. Allow customers to provide immediate feedback on the quality of your product or service to do this.
Amazon manages user reviews well; in fact, a list of customer reviews is one of the first things you see when searching for a product.
7. Add well-selected imagery
When it came to boosting conversions online, great imagery of the product or service you’re offering is crucial – as the old adage goes, “a picture is worth words.”
Make sure you have high-quality product photos that show all angles and details. This offers the buyer confidence about the product’s nature, quality, and what to expect when it arrives.
If, on the other hand, you have low-quality pictures with no zoom function and little detail, you’ll make potential customers nervous and wonder what you’re hiding.
Only a small proportion of your site visitors read the entire page word for word, therefore your images have the potential to affect a customer’s perception of the brand and product.
8. Optimize your website for mobile
About half of all web traffic is produced by mobile devices. With this in mind, making your eCommerce site mobile-friendly is essential.
On mobile, having a simple checkout process is much more important than on desktop. Because users are working on a much smaller screen, the fewer distractions the better. Adopt a simple approach.
It’s also vital to keep in mind that phone data is inherently unreliable. It’s critical that your site be mobile-optimized because phone signals might drop in a single second, slowing down a user’s download speed (to a crawl!). Even with a slow internet connection, this will allow for fast loading times. Simple actions like these might be the difference between a customer converting on mobile and going to a competitor’s site.
9. Write concise and effective product descriptions
Product descriptions are an important part of any eCommerce selling strategy. Without effective product descriptions, you’re bound to miss out on clicks and purchases.
Focus on your ideal customer and use words and descriptions of your items that are relevant to them, their goals, and issues. Customers will believe that you understand who they are and what they require from you as a result of this, and they will be more confident in their choice to do business with you.
The most important point to note when writing product descriptions is to make them short and sweet. Users will scan anything longer than a few lines, as we said earlier. If you have a lot of information to present to your customer, try putting it behind a “read more” button, breaking it down into digestible bullet points, or even including an infographic.
10. Design a simplistic layout.
One of the most important factors in decreasing your bounce rate and boosting conversion rate is creating an easy route from the site to the checkout.
A study shows that websites that have a clean look (meaning, more white space, bigger images, and less text) see significantly higher user engagement rates than websites that do not.
While it may seem difficult to consider redesigning your eCommerce site to be more minimalistic, it is actually quite simple if you follow a few basic rules:
- Focus on product imagery with fewer design elements and distractions on product pages.
- Direct your customers to your CTA buttons and make sure they stand out.
- Test your website on different devices to ensure the shopping and checkout processes are streamlined no matter how customers are visiting your site.
- Stay away from creating any distractions on your site — less is more. Typically, if the page works without something, then you can lose it.
Also Read: 7 Simple Steps to Increase Your Website’s Domain Authority Also Read: How To Create An eCommerce Website In 2021 Also Read: Best Ways To Increase Your Website Traffic For Making More Sales Also Read: What Is Digital Marketing & How to Succeed in It?
Some important plugins that we suggest
- WooThumbs for WooCommerce – The Most Powerful Image Gallery Plugin for WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce Attribute Swatches – Add Color and Image Variation Swatches to WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce Linked Variations – Link Separate Products Together by Size, Color, and More.
- WooCommerce Bundled Products – Increase the Average Order Value with Product Bundles.
- WooCommerce Show Single Variations – Show WooCommerce Variations on the Shop Page.
- Wishlists for WooCommerce – Increase Customer Loyalty with Personalized Wishlists.
- WooCommerce Quickview – Add a Quick View Product Lightbox to WooCommerce.
- WooCommerce Product Configurator – Save Time Creating Images for Product Variations.
- WooCommerce Account Pages – Add Pages to the My Account Area in WooCommerce.
- Image Swap for WooCommerce – Image Flip & Hover Effects for Your Product Listings.
- WooCommerce Delivery Slots – Delivery and Pickup on Your Customer’s Schedule.
- Flux Checkout for WooCommerce – Increase Conversions with a Clean WooCommerce Checkout Plugin.
- Iconic Sales Booster for WooCommerce – Maximize Your Sales With a WooCommerce Cross-Sell Plugin.
- WooCommerce Custom Fields for Variations – Display Organized Information for Product Variations.
Buy Hosting For Website
Hostguid listed many hosting plans so you can easily compare many hosting companies hosting packages for your website.