Hostgator is one of the most popular web hosts in the industry, hosting over 10 million domains. It’s a wise choice for every website owner, with a 1-click WordPress installation, 99.9% uptime guarantee, and 24/7 support. They are the best web hosting for businesses, in our view.
HostGator is one of the world’s largest and most well-known hosting companies. They provide shared hosting, private virtual servers, dedicated servers, and managed WordPress hosting.
Performance - 94%
Uptime - 99%
Support - 92%
Value For Money - 96%
Find out if HostGator is the correct fit for you by reading our in-depth HostGator review.
In this detailed HostGator review, we’ll put their promises to the test. The following are the areas we’ll explore:
- Reliability: Will your website be available24/7/365, with no downtime?
- Performance: On HostGator, how fast will your website load? We will do our own performance testing to explore this.
- Customer Support: Can you count on their customer support? Will you be able to receive help quickly if you need it?
- Features: Do their features make it simple to create and manage a website?
- Pricing: Do they have the best pricing in the industry? Are there any HostGator coupons that you can use to save money?
If you don’t want to read all of the details, here’s a quick overview HostGator review score, along with o conclusion.
|Average load time||1.03 s|
|Average response time||143.4 ms|
|Support||Phone / Live Chat / Knowledge base|
Pros and Cons of HostGator
Each hosting provider, like any other product or service, has pros and cons. Here are the pros and cons of HostGator that we discovered.
- Reliable hosting: HostGator claims a 99.99 % uptime. If your downtime is less than that, you will get a one-month credit on your account.
- Generous moneyback guarantee: The 45-day money-back guarantee is offered by HostGator. Normally, web hosting companies do not offer a moneyback guarantee beyond 30 days.
- Flexible billing periods: You have the option to pay on a monthly or annual basis. Longer billing periods will result in the greatest savings.
- Free migration: All new accounts at HostGator come with a free migration service. During the first 30 days after signing up, their skilled staff will transfer your website from your old host at no extra cost.
- Higher monthly pricing: Monthly plans are more expensive than annual plans. You may save money with HostGator by signing up for yearly plans, which come with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Aggressive upselling: Additional services, such as automated backups and advanced functionality, may be available. If you don’t need them right now, make sure they’re unchecked. You may always add them in later if needed.
What would you do if you signed up for a web host only to find that your website is very slow and often disappears? You’d have to change providers, which would cost you more money and cause you more stress.
That is why you should choose a web hosting company that is regularly fast and has an excellent past record. But how would you get this data?
We decided to do our own tests to see how HostGator performed. Let’s see how well that worked out.
Speed Test Results
Speed is the most important performance indicator. Your users enjoy a faster website, and it will also assist your SEO rankings.
In fact, studies show that a one-second delay in page load costs you 7% less conversions, 11% fewer page visits, and a 16% loss in user satisfaction.
We built a test site to see how quick HostGator actually is for our in-depth HostGator review.
The default theme was used on our test site, which was powered by WordPress. We also imported dummy content, including images, for theme development.
After that, we ran the tests using the Pingdom website speed testing tool. The below are the results:
It’s helpful to have a faster website. Our test site loaded in 1.03 seconds, which is great.
However, because this is a brand-new website with virtually little traffic, a speed test is not the ideal way to assess its performance. We wanted to assess how it would operate in high-traffic scenarios.
To do so, we utilized a program named K6 (formerly LoadImpact). We utilized it to send virtual users to a website, gradually increasing the number of users on the site until it reached 100 people all at once.
You can see the result in the chart below:
The page load time is shown by the blue line in the chart, while the number of users is shown by the green line. Our test site, as you can see, played great throughout the test, with an average response time of 203 milliseconds.
These are particularly impressive results for a shared hosting account.
Another remarkable thing to be noticed is that our test site didn’t go down during the test.
Server Response Time
The page load time is heavily influenced by the content of your website. If your website contains a lot of images, for example, the page load time will be longer.
Your server’s speed test results will be affected as a result of this. We wanted to check how quickly HostGator’s server replies in real-time.
We used Bitcatcha to put this to the test. Other website speed testing tools don’t work like this one. It only tests the server’s response time instead of loading content.
In these tests, HostGator performed as follows:
The performance of the HostGator review site was great. The response time of the server remained under a second. It took only 26 ms in the United States.
This indicates that your site will load rapidly all around the world.
Plans and Features
HostGator offers a number of hosting solutions. Shared hosting, VPS hosting, cloud hosting, reseller hosting, and dedicated hosting are all available. Other platforms, such as Joomla and Magento, are also hosted by them.
However, their primary product is shared WordPress hosting, which is where the majority of clients start.
Let’s take a look at the HostGator plans available.
HostGator’s Shared Hosting Plans
HostGator’s shared hosting plans are divided into three types. Under the terms of service, all plans offer unlimited storage and bandwidth. The main difference is the number of websites you can host.
- Hatchling: The Hatchling plan allows you to host only one website. It includes one-click WordPress installer and comes with standard set of features.
- Baby: The Baby plan allows you to host unlimited domains and subdomains. It includes all the features of the Hatchling plan, and you can also use addons such as private SSL.
- Business: Suitable for small business websites. This plan includes unlimited websites, unlimited email, dedicated IP address, SEO tools, and is suitable for starting an eCommerce website.
They also provide Gator website builder, which is a fully hosted website builder, in addition to web hosting services. VPS hosting and dedicated hosting with Linux and Windows servers are among the other services available.
HostGator Hosting Plan Features
Another thing you would want to look at is the features that you’ll get with each hosting plan. The following is a list of what is included in each of HostGator’s hosting plans.
- Install WordPress with 1-Click Installer.
- Free SSL Certificate.
- Easy to use control panel cPanel dashboard to manage hosting services.
- Free email accounts.
- 24/7 customer support.
- 99.9% uptime guarantee.
You may host several websites and domain names under the same account with the Baby and Business hosting choices.
In terms of security, you may use Cloudflare’s free CDN caching to protect your WordPress site from viruses and attacks. Cloudflare’s free website CDN gives you a performance boost as well.
You’ll be given an option to purchase the CodeGuard and SiteLock addons during the checkout process. Most novices will not need them right away, so skip them and add them later if needed.
Support and Customer Service
HostGator offers one of the best customer services in the industry. Customers may ask the service team by phone, live chat, and ticket-based email help at any time.
Their help portal may be found in your hosting dashboard. This portal allows you to search a knowledge base of hundreds of articles and video lessons for quick answers.
You’re probably thinking if HostGator is right for you now that you’ve read our in-depth HostGator review.
HostGator offers a variety of hosting plans that fit all budgets and requirements. They provide you with all of the user-friendly tools you’ll need to create a website.
HostGator has already gained the trust of over 2 million customers. Whether you’re an experienced Internet pro or just starting up with your first website, you’ll find all the tools you need to bring it to the next level.
If you don’t require all of the power and benefits of high-performance WordPress hosting, a high-quality shared web host such as InMotion Hosting, GreenGeeks, Nexcess, and WPX may be a better value option.
Are you ready to start using HostGator?
Also Read: GoviralHost Review Also Read: iThemes Reviews Security And WordPress Hosting Also Read: ChemiCloud Coupon & Reviews Also Read: Liquid Web Hosting Reviews Also Read: Nexcess Managed Hosting Reviews Also Read: Bluehost Review From Hostguid
Create A Beautiful Website
You want to create a website for your business click the below button.
Buy Hosting For Website
Hostguid listed many hosting plans so you can easily compare many hosting companies hosting packages for your website.