If you are looking to create a new website for your Blog/Business/E-commerce, At Hostguid suggests Bluehost because Due to its cheap prices, easy tools and features, and user-friendly interface.
This tutorial will show you How to Install WordPress on Bluehost and create your new website.
Let’s get started…
Here’s how to activate your Bluehost account and start using it.
1. Choose a hosting plan for your website
Choosing a hosting package that will fit your needs is the first step. Several hosting options were available from Bluehost, including…
If you’re uncertain which plan is right for you, we suggest beginning with the cheap shared hosting plan, which costs as little as $2.95 per month.
Here is some more reading to help you in selecting the ideal hosting plan for your project.
- Best WordPress Hosting In 2022?
- Shared Hosting vs VPS Hosting: Which is best?
- Cloud Hosting vs Shared Hosting-Which Is Best?
2. Create a new domain name for your website
You get a free domain name for the first year with any Bluehost plan.
After choosing your hosting package, click Create a New Domain to select your free domain name.
When you enter your chosen domain name into the domain search box, Bluehost will show you a list of similar or suitable available domain names or domain extensions.
(If you have registered a domain with a third-party domain name registrar then you can use this domain name instead of creating a new one with Bluehost. You must point your domain name to Bluehost’s nameservers to accomplish this; Bluehost can guide you through the process).
For help with selecting the right domain name for your website, check out these articles…
3. Enter Bluehost account details
To create your account, Bluehost will then ask you to fill out some personal information. You can also speed up this process by signing in using Google.
4. Confirm hosting plan in detail
Your plan’s details will now be displayed by Bluehost. Check them carefully because Bluehost automatically includes some number of expensive “extras.” features These include :
- Domain Privacy Protection (from $11.88 a year)
- SiteLock Security (from $23.88 a year)
- CodeGuard Basic (from $2.99 a month)
- Bluehost SEO Tools (from $23.88 a year)
De-selecting each of these add-ons is recommended Unless you already know that you need these services. Each of them is not necessary, and you can always add more later if needed:
You can also select how many years you want to sign up with Bluehost under Account Plan. The minimum commitment is 12 months, but you can get a bigger discount if you commit to multiple years upfront.
5. Enter your payment details
The last step in the Bluehost sign process is to enter your payment information and confirm the order.
Remember that Bluehost has a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can request a refund if you are unhappy with your plan or the hosting service after completing your purchase.
Your new hosting package and domain name registration will now be started by Bluehost. Your new account information, including login and password information, will then be sent to you via email along with a confirmation of your payment.
We listed many Cloud hosting companies’ plans
How to Install WordPress 0n Bluehost
The next step after purchasing your hosting package is to install WordPress on Bluehost. Yet again, Bluehost’s user-friendly interface and one-click WordPress install functionality make this a quick and simple process.
1. Log in to your Bluehost Account.
let’s get started:
- log in and open your new Bluehost account.
- Select the My Sites tab.
- In the top-right corner, select Create Site.
2. Add your website’s information.
The next step is to provide some basic information for your websites, such as the site name and tagline. Avoid overthinking things because you can always change them later:
3. Add your website’s information.
Choose the domain name you selected when you created your Bluehost account using the Domain drop-down box.
You can also choose whether or not to install some of Bluehost’s suggested plugins.
4. Click “Next” to install WordPress on Bluehost.
Your new WordPress website will now be created by Bluehost, and your log-in information will be shown.
To open your new WordPress website, click the Login to WordPress link.
Using Bluehost’s tools, learn how to set up your new WordPress website.
To start, we should point out that you don’t have to follow the instructions in this section. Making your own website is totally possible using the regular Wordpress dashboard.
However, if you’re not sure where to start, Bluehost provides its own dashboard in the Bluehost area of your WordPress dashboard that can help you get up and running with your site.
In the Bluehost area, you can…
- Add new pages and posts
- Manage your menus
- Create an eCommerce store with WooCommerce
- Create a staging environment to test your website
- Disable the Bluehost ‘Coming Soon’ page and launch your website
Most of these are core WordPress features – only put together in one convenient spot for you to access.
The Bluehost dashboard is a specially useful tool for those new to WordPress, and who may need some direction on how to get started. This is how to use it:
1. Implement the Quick Launch Wizard.
The Bluehost Quick Launch Wizard should be visible when you access your WordPress dashboard.
A great approach to launch your website is by using the Quick Launch Wizard. Set up the Jetpack plugin, a contact form with WPForms Lite, and caching for your website by following the wizard’s instructions. Let’s examine these features in more detail…
1. Jetpack – is a multi-purpose plugin that will improve your website’s security and performance while also offering social media features, analytics on user behavior on your site, and much more. To access and activate these useful Jetpack modules, you may simply log in to WordPress.com using the Bluehost Wizard.
2. Contact Form – Every website should include a contact form so that visitors may get in contact with you and help you generate more leads. You can quickly set up a contact form for your website with the free WP Forms Lite plugin by using the Quick Launch Wizard.
3. Caching – There is a built-in caching feature offered by Bluehost. Your website will load faster fast after you turn on this tool, which is important for user experience and SEO.
We listed many Shared hosting companies’ plans
2. Choose a WordPress theme
Your site’s look is controlled by your WordPress theme.
Selecting the right WordPress theme is an important objective, and can take time as there are so many to choose from.
A Marketplace with premium WordPress themes is one of the features available in the Bluehost Menu. You can look at these, but you shouldn’t feel constrained by this selection either.
Before choosing, we suggest looking through the thousands of free and paid WordPress themes that are available outside of the Bluehost Marketplace.
Beyond those on the Bluehost Marketplace, there are other premium themes available. Check out these theme shops and developers to find the stylish premium theme that’s ideal for your project.
3. Add a few essential WordPress plugins.
WordPress is installed by Bluehost along with a number of plugins by default.
- Akismet Anti-Spam
- MonsterInsights, a Google Analytics plugin
- WP Forms Lite
You can, of course, remove any of these plugins, or install your own plugins. We suggest the following vital plugins:
- RankMath – Improve your site’s SEO and help your pages and posts to rank in the search engines.
- iThemes Security Pro– Secure and Protect Your WordPress Website with Just a Few Clicks.
- BackupBuddy– The WordPress Backup Plugin That’s So Easy to Use, so if your site is hacked you can quickly restore it to its original glory.
4. Create pages (and posts).
The content for your website has to be created next; start by adding pages. Click on Bluehost Menu on your WordPress dashboard to get started. Select Add New Page under Content > Pages.
Here are several page types that you should think about creating. though the pages you display will vary based on the type of site you are building…
- Homepage – This is where the majority of your audience will land when they visit your website. To ensure that your homepage draws and engages visitors, use appealing graphics, highlight key content, and add calls to action.
- About page – An important page, here you should share your story, discuss your business’ philosophy, introduce your team, and add any other relevant information that will help you to build a relationship with your audience.
- Contact page – As well as a contact form, consider displaying opening times, a map showing location, social media links, and more.
- Portfolio – If appropriate, creating beautiful portfolio pages will help to showcase your work.
- Blog – Always consider adding a blog to your website. A blog will attract visitors to your site, keep your website updated, and help with SEO.
5. Launch your website online
All that’s left to do is launch your website after creating your content and customizing its layout.
When you install WordPress, Bluehost automatically activates a “Coming Soon” page that it provides. You may work on your website in privacy with the help of this page.
When you’re ready to go live, click the Launch your site button in the Bluehost WordPress dashboard.
That’s how to install WordPress on Bluehost
Beyond its prices, another attractive thing about Bluehost is just how simple it makes it to install WordPress. In addition to becoming simple to use, Bluehost also integrates a number of tools and features into your WordPress dashboard to speed up website creation.